[Baut Images: Liberty praying]
If anyone is a bit familiar with my blogs, he or she may see that my topics have ranged from natural earth changes, events, and disasters, to mankind's role in some of the earth changes that are taking place (fracking, oil spills, pollution, et cetera), as well as subjects relating to metaphysics, numerology, photography, poetry and prose.
The original blog, entitled, There Are None So Blind, (ref There Are None So Blind... ) was motivated by the July 3, 2011 oilspill in the Yellowstone River, courtesy of Exxon Mobil, and delt with several environmental and sociological issues.
This particular blog moves along to another important issue that has recently caught my attention and ire, because so many people seem so very apathetic about our current debt crisis and are seemingly allowing the government to do whatever it pleases. Take away this, cut that, et cetera. Most of which is going to affect a population of people that needs government help and assistance, and it may eventually affect people who 'today' think they are 'untouchable'!
However, at this point in time, I'm not quite sure if 'apathy' is the correct word to use. The word 'apathy' seems a bit mild! Especially when I take a look at all the heinous crimes that are being perpetrated by our government, not only on our planet and eco-system, but on others of our very own species as well.
Apathy may be defined as a lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of importance. Synonyms are: indifference, unconcern, lethargy, laziness, despiritedness, et cetera [Free Merriman-Webster Dictionary].
As historical tradition teaches us, this is supposedly a '...government of the people, by the people, and for the people,' (Gettysburg Address) not one 'of the government, by the government, and for the government!' Somehow it seems people have fallen back, and abdicated their responsibility in governance! Our elected representatives, are supposed to be 'our' representatives, and 'our' representatives do not, I feel, have most of the people's interests at heart, or any one else's for that matter, except perhaps the wealthy, banksters, corporates, oil barons, et cetera.
THE DEBT CRISIS: This issue has come to almost nausiate me, as it has gone on and on and on. All the blather about this or that, and cutting this or that. Anyone with a lone brain cell can see that the debt crisis has been perpetrated by this administration, and the preceding one.
• The real debt crisis began with the premptive war with Iraq, and the pouring of billions of dollars into that fiasco, as well as Iraqi nationals, such as Ahmed Chalibi who gobbled down millions of dollars with 'information' on Iraq. Chalibi was one of the key people who helped to perpetrate the hoax that Iraq was a threat to the US. An article on Chalibi came out in salon.com May 4, 2004; over seven years ago. Article: How Ahmed Chalibi conned the neocons
• In some way, shape or form, I am inclined to believe the neocons wanted to be 'conned' so their premptive 'little' war could be initiated. And let us not forget how the cronies in the Bush era came out of the woodwork and got contracts for their buddies; such as Halliburton. Interesting article of note here, on how Cheney was involved in this: Cheney Coordinated Halliburton Iraq Contract
• The ongoing amount of money that has gone into Iraq from the beginning is over $788,030,280,000 and Afghanistan is over $435,908,500,00. You can do the math and see what the total for these two wars amount to, or go to, which is really cool, a continual update on the money that has been spent on these wars: Cost of War in Iraq and Afghanistan to US
• So, what's the answer? Maybe, one, is to get the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan! Or maybe the Bush and Obama administrations should pay the amount of money they spent on these fiascos, back to the federal government out of their own pockets (they're wealthy enough to foot the bill for their wars). Then perhaps they won't have to rip social security, medicare, medicaid, and other social welfare programs away from the people!
• Another answer is to cut the pay and 'benefits' that our 'professional' politicians are receiving from the federal government. Most of these people are wealthy in their own right, and wouldn't miss the money they're paid. If I'm not mistaken, our early politicians maintained themselves on their businesses and not the government! As to health care, let the politicians pay for their own health insurance policies; they've got the dough! Note: 50 per cent of US Armed Forces quailfy for Medicad! Nice! Check this out: Government Spending: Congress Member vs Military
• Also, start collecting taxes from those corporations that are sucking money out of the US, and yet have their headquarters in other countries. Nice trick on the American people corporates, enjoy your blood money that you're vampirizing out of this nation!
• The 'trickle down' philosophy is a bunch of hoo-hah! Money trickles upward from the people who are spending their hard earned money on various products, state and local taxes, et cetera, et cetera. There are virtually taxes upon every thing one can think of. Even when a person dies they're required to pay taxes to! What a bunch of hogwash is that? This country was born out a war about rediculous taxes being levied upon the colonials from the British crown, or have we forgotten?
• Another issue connected with the debt crisis is the 'Support Our Troops/Vets,' slogan, and a slogan it is, as another crock from our governement! Our veterans are being supported alright, and not in a good way! Check this out: National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
• Speaking about homeless people, might as well take a look at those people who are homeless in America. The latest assessment is there has been a 9 per cent increase in homless families in the wonderful U. S. of A. Homeless Families Increase In America
• Along with homeless veterans and families, there are also homeless kids in this supposed nation of wealth and money. Oh, there's money for stupid wars and the likes of Harmid Karzai of Afghanistan, banksters, corporates, and tax cuts for the wealthy, but we have kids going hungry, with no health insurance and no homes. Something wrong with this picture? U.S. Homeless Kids
Enough is enough! It's time to stop the insanity in America. This article has only touched on the surface of some of issues involved in the debt crisis, there are many more!
• The time is NOW, for people to start working together for the benefit of all people. The feudal regimes which are re-emerging must come to an end! Many nations were born under the banner of liberty and equality, but we now find them slipping back into a two class society of wealthy and poor, and the wealthy are squeezing the once substantive middle class into the poor.
• The answer to this nation's debt crisis, as well as others, lies with it's people. It is the people who have the 'real' power, not the phony baloney emperors, prime ministers, kings, potentates, et cetera, if, and that is 'if' they will only exercise that power responsibly for all mankind!
• The power lies within and with you!
Roger Allen Baut
光:: Falling ░ falling ░ in slow motion ░ the emperor ░ falls ▒ Falling ░ falling ░ in slow motion ░ the empire falls ::光
KING CRIMSON: Epitaph
"The fate of all mankind, I fear, is in the hands of fools." King Crimson